4 Breasts of Chicken
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Teaspoon ground Ginger
Salt and Pepper
1 crisp head of Lettuce (try Cos or Oak leaf)
1 tablespoon Vinegar
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
350g (12 oz.) Rice
· First set your oven to 190 C, 375F, Gas 5.
· Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and put it on the heat to boil.
· Squeeze the Orange and mix the juice with the honey and ginger a pinch of salt and a grinding of black pepper in a bowl.Drop in the chicken breasts and rub them all over with the mixture.Put these into a small casserole or baking tin and pour over all the juices, Cover this with a lid ( or tinfoil ) and put into the pre heated oven.( These will take about 20 mts. to cook)
· Break up the head of Lettuce and tip it into a basin of cold water, move it around with your hands to shake off any dirt. Lay a clean table cloth on the table and lift out the leaves one by one checking all the time for any remaining earth.Pat these dry on the tea towel.In a small bowl mix the oil,vinegar and salt and pepper together with a fork , put this vinaigrette in the bottom of a salad bowl and place the dry lettuce on top.
· When the rice water is boiling tip in the rice and boil together for 12 mts.
Then drain this in a sieve and run just a little hot water from the tap through to rinse out any remaining starch.
· Divide the rice between 4 plates and put a chicken breast on top.
Carefully spoon the juices over the chicken . Using 2 large spoons you can now mix the salad, this can be eaten either with the chicken or afterwards on the same plates.
April 14, 2006 09:12 PM |