120g/4oz chilled butter, cubed
120g/4oz plain flour
60g/2oz fresh parmesan crumbled in little pieces but not grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
pinch cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Rub the butter into the flour, by hand, until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the parmesan, seasoning and cayenne pepper.
4. Work the mixture together into a ball and then knead briefly on a work surface lightly dusted with flour until smooth.
Or : Put all the ingredients into a food processor and process until they form a dough.
5. Cut the dough in four, flatten each piece slightly, then roll out thinly into a circle the size of a coffee saucer between 2 large sheets of lightly floured cooking parchement or cling film.
6. Lift off the top piece of cling film and cut into eight triangles like a cake.
7. Carefully lift them onto a lightly buttered baking sheet, Then repeat with the other three pieces of dough.
8. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheets. Store in an airtight tin.
April 29, 2008 09:34 AM |